Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week #5--Tuesday..April 12th-Official Weigh In:
Drum roll......My official month one weight loss is 6 pounds! But I am great with that. I think I look way better now than when I started this. If you look at my pics you can tell there is a difference. So i have lost inches. the pounds have to follow. I will not be weighing in again until Friday. I am going to stop weighing daily. It messes with my head and makes me crazy. I am just going to work the plan and let the plan work for me. that is my goal for this week. I am encouraged. Can't wait to wear my new dresses I bought on Saturday. I feel spokin' hot when I wear them..due to all the inches that I have lost!

Week #4-Sunday..April 10th: Posted new pics. can see a little difference from last week. i seem to be losing more inches than pounds!

Week #4-Saturday..April 9th:Well..the plan continues today. don't feel as bloated as yesterday.  down some on the scale..and of course that is great too! bought 2 dresses today and i must admit..i looked hot in them!!! i was very pleased when i tried one on at the store..i got the same dress in another color! spent more than i wanted..but hey.. worth every dime to feel so great about how i looked. i think i have lost more inches than pounds..i should have taken my measurements when i started this..but oh well. don't know if i will take any pics this week..

Back on the plan today:   Back on the formula today. Lots of water..double dose in the am. didn't eat much today..fell really bloated. emotionally have not been doing so swell the past few days..i know i am letting the devilish scale dictate my happiness and that disappoints me. this is usually what happens to me on diets/plans..i throw myself into it and give it all i have..then when i don't see the numbers in the time that i think i should...i throw in the towel. i am not a lazy person. i am a go getter so i expect to meet my goals..when i don't..i get upset. so...yesterday..i had to pull back. take a day off and center myself. i still love the formula..i guess i need to tweak it some way so that i get better results. i thought perhaps i was exercising too much..so i scaled that back. i am out of suggestions for myself. i tried to incorporate some positive self talk too cuz once you start getting down on yourself..things can really go south. as of tonight..i am not sure if i will make my 10 pounds in 30 days goal. it seems so simple and reasonable. tomorrow will be better.

Taking today off-ThursdayApril 6th

What a poopy afternoon/evening this was! i don't mean toilet poopy. i mean emotionally. socially. drama at the cheer director's meeting. drama almost as soon as i walked through the door. i was already fighting the blahs at work today..i had almost convinced myself to go off the plan cuz all my efforts don't seem to be paying off anyway. i tried alot of positive self talk today. so much so that i was almost arguing with myself today!! anyway..the craziness/drama in other areas got my mind off of losing weight and i ended up barely able to eat my dinner which was one chicken wing and one serving of cocktail rye bread. very strange how the drama had that effect on me. i did not exercise. i feel as though i will see a gain tomorrow for today. this was not a good day.

Week4-Wednesday..April 6th:Last night I worked out twice..first i did my step aerobics tape twice...then later while watching the biggest loser i did my stepper for 45 minutes. my goal for this week is to lose 4 pounds. i don't usually levvy a particular weight loss number for myself for a week cuz that could be dangerous. i usually try to make behavior goals..which hopefully will lead to number goals..but what i am finding is despite making behavioral goals..it does not always translate into number goals..i think that stinks royally!!! needless to say...i did all that working out yesterday and no movement on the scale. initially..no lie..i was bummed. i worked hard yesterday. then i had a serious talk with myself and told myself that i absolutely would not let the number dictate my day! i feel good. i look good and the numbers will work for me...in time. positive self talk. that's my goal for this week..positive self talk...no matter what the number on the scale is..

Week4-Tuesday..April 5th-Official Weigh in: Well today is weigh in day. and the grand total loss for this week is zero. However...given the TOM issues of gaining 3 pounds..then losing them..I will celebrate my zero.  Cuz that zero also means no weight gain. Hopefully this week for will be promising and produce a yield of loss pounds. To recap my goals for this week.. I did well with all but one...weighing myself.. Also i was supposed to figure out how to tape a video of myself to submit at the end of week 4 cuz I want to get some of my $$ back! My bff has agreed to video for me. Just need to decide what I will say. Want to produce a quality work of art.
Tonight I will do my stepper and step aerobics...i am going all out this week!

Week3-Monday..April 4th

Part2: Did my mini stepper for 40 minutes! Woa!! I did it while watching the show HEAVY. Great motivator!

Part 1:Okay..didn't lose anything..but I am still happy to have shed those 2 pounds from TOM. i feel great though. i am toned and eating less. Used my my mini stepper for 28 minutes last night!! my goal was 20 minutes so I am happy to have exceeded the challenge. tomorrow is my official weigh-in day. i know i am not going to have a huge number.  i want to at least lose 4 more pounds by the end of my week 4..that would make 10 pounds for my first month..which would leave me only 5 pounds from my goal..but i am getting ahead of myself.  well..not much else to report tonight. on my way to do my mini stepper!!
Week3-Sunday..April 3rd
I am back to where I was before TOM occured! Thank God. Now hopefully I will be on track and can manage to lose a couple of pounds before my official weigh-in on Tuesday. This morning my husband told me I looked nice today and that he could really tell that I had lost weight. This product MUST be working!!!
Also my bff commented yesterday that there was a dramatic difference in my week 2 and week 3 photos.
I bought a mini-stepper yesterday from Goodwill for $20. I plan to incorporate that into my workout schedule. I did it for 12 minutes straight last night...OMG! One of my week 4 goals will be to do Jillian Michael's workout 2 times in that week. Right now..let me evaluate how I am doing with my week 3 goals...
*exercise 4 times a week--doing great with that
*protein--hmm. doing better than week 2 but still have room for improvement
*encouraging others daily--doing great with that i do believe
*scale--doing NOT good with that. i should decide right now not to weigh myself until tuesday..official weigh in day.

Week3-Saturday..April 2nd
Exercised this AM. Felt really good to get my body moving again.  Decided not to do
Jillian Michaels. Too much. Stuck with my step aerobics tape and just used a higher step. Good work out
if I must say so myself. Things on the scale were a little better. Lost one pound of the 2 that I had gained.
Perhaps it really was TOM. Not sure..Don't care. Just want to lose them!
Tried the formula with fruit punch and pineapple juice today.
Ultra yummy. Used my ninja again. It was thick and creamy. Then I warmed it up. Truly the best yet!!

Took week 3 photos last night. Posted them below. I think I can see a difference. I will continue to stick to the plan!!
Week3-Friday..April 1st

It's a new month...I have been on Roca Labs for three weeks now.
Last week was absolutely wonderful as far as weight loss was concerned.
This week it is not going that well despite my earnest efforts to do the right thing.
My scale hates me and has it out for me!!!
But let me talk about some things that I have noticed:

* My cravings for sweets are absolutely gone. We have donuts and danishes in the house and
I don't even remotely want ANY. I should thank Roca Labs for that if nothing else!!
* I think before I put stuff in my mouth now. I ask myself "am i really hungry?" "is this the best
choice i can make for myself right now?" again..that is huge.
* When I am angry or upset..i don't go for food. Last night... I was really bummed that my weight loss is +2
instead of -2 or -5 for the week. I was so sad inside I wanted to cry and never stop. In the past had I felt like
this it would have been "ON". I would have binged and not felt the least bit bad about it. I had the thought..but decided against it and the more I thought about it..the more that thought made me feel sick inside. Instead I just kept telling myself to "stick to the plan". I guess I can't hit a homerun every week...but boy it would be nice if I could.

So..those are all good things that I have gained from my journey thus far. I am still extremely pissed about those 2 pounds. I don't know to blame them on mother nature or what. And I think that is the really disturbing part...I can't explain it. If I was overeating or splurging...I would actually be okay with a 2 pound gain...because I would know what to attribute it to. But to be exercising, eating right, and taking the formula and gain...well that is a tough pill to swallow.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! You're doing great! From now on, try not to weigh yourself during that TOM. There is always bloating and water retention involved. Don't let that bring you down. You are a strong woman and this is just another obstacle you'll get through :)

    ReplyDelete