Friday, March 25, 2011

Week Three Journey-Thursday


I did get on the scale and I am actually up by one pound.
Not sure why. Perhaps it's the TOM. I really don't know what else to blame it on. I've been following the plan and
not overeating or anything like that. A little bummed. I will get through it though!
Tomorrow will be a better day!

Week Three Journey-Wednesday-PM

I said I was not going to do it...but i exercised again today. no jillian!!! i was pretty sore and felt it would actually be good for my body if i gave it a good workout. what i did was used my step aerobics tape...but i used a taller step to add a different dimension to the workout.  did i sweat like i did the night before? no..but it was a good workout nonetheless. fixed a really healthy dinner after working out...sauteed onion with mushrooms and fresh spinach with about a 3/4 cups of cubed garlic rotisserie chicken...yummy! thank God for the formula and for trying to do the right thing...cuz the old me would have completedly gone over the top.!! my mood is kinda blah tonight and i believe it is because it is TOM. i'm feeling pretty bloated and ....blah...hopefully tomorrow will be better!! what i have been telling myself all day..."stick to the plan...despite what the scales may say".

Week Three Journey-Wednesday

Okay...I am failing miserably with this getting on the scale goal. I could not resist. and I am still only down by
six. no movement. hmmm.....don't know that I am feeling that. It is that special time of the month...so perhaps that has something to do with the scale being forever stuck. All the more reason to stay off of it...but i just KNEW there would be movement especially after that workout last night.  But. I will move on..celebrate that it is not moving in the opposite direction and just continue to follow the plan. I want to talk about self sabbatoging because I have realized that I do that. I start a plan and week #1 i give it all i have. week #2 i slack a little and don't see the results i want. then week #3 i hit it with renewed vigor. week #4 i say forget it and quit. or if i am too successful...i slack so much that i undo my success and fail and thus fulfill my "prophecy" that the plan won't work.  This has to stop. This week I will keep the intensity high no matter what the scale says. I will stick with the plan and keep doing the right thing no matter what. keep stopping when I am full. keep exercising (although today...i think i may do my step aerobics tape and let jillian rest and pick her up tomorrow). keep staying positive about the changes thus far. Thursday is new pic day.


 Week Three Journey-Official Weigh-In Day-Tuesday

I was feeling brave so I decided I would challenge myself and try my new "last chance workout w jillian michaels' dvd. 1000 OMGS. that sucker was hard. i almost cried. but, it was a challenge and i only stopped like 2 times for 20 seconds. it was intense. glad when it was over...can't wait to do it again. don't know if i will be able to muster up enough strength for tomorrow. we will see. i am beginning to feel guilty if i don't exercise daily. that bothers me cuz moderation is the key. i don't wanna go overboard. i want balance. this seems to be so hard for me to achieve when it comes to weight loss. UGH!!! after exercising and showering i had dinner. a sliced tomatoe and a piece of chicken.  i felt really stuffed after that. i did feel proud that i made a healthy selection. one goal for today was to have more protein and that chicken counts as protein.

Goals---I must say that setting goals helps me. gives my day more direction. and it is really helpful to put them on "paper". So let me be accountable to myself and see how i did with my goals for this week....so far so good. although i have weighed myself twice today...that is probably going to be the hardest goal to master. all i can do is try...

Week Three Journey-Official Weigh-In Day-Tuesday

Drum roll........Week #2 official weight loss is  6 LBS!!!! Meaning I know weigh 154 !!!
I am ultra excited by that.
some may say...umm big deal you have been at 6 for a couple of days...but last week nothing. this week 6. that's huge to me and i am happy about it!!!
I am now going to set some week #3 goals...

 *Exercise 4 days this week
*Not weigh myself daily
*Eat more protein
*Encourage others daily
*Figure out how to record a video!!!

These are my (5) goals for the week. I am confident I can do them.
Another concept I am going to work on this week is finding non-food rewards. Usually as a reward to myself I will have a food reward...like a slice of cake..or a brownie. Well...neeedless to say this has to stop. To reward myself for awesome weight loss and hitting my exercise goal..I believe I will buy myself an article of clothing. There are some camis I've had my eye on at Goodwill. Perhaps I will stop in there later this afternoon and treat myself to 2 or 3 of them!


Week Two Journey-Monday Night

I know I said I was not going to exercise today...but i did anyway. It was really bothering me to not do it. I should probably explore why it was getting to me so badly.  I did get upset with someone and really had alot of frustration in me...instead of eating...i figured i would exercise. I am proud of myself for making a better choice than food. If nothing else...it will help me sleep great tonight!

Week Two Journey-Monday

So...no movement on the scale this morning...but guess what? Who cares!! I've lost 6pounds since last Tuesday!!! Official weigh-in day is tomorrow. Honestly...i know i need to stop weighing daily..but it keeps me on track and motivated.

I plan on exercising later today..but not sure if i will be able to make that happen. Have to take my daughter to Girl Scouts tonight and when I get back may not be able to get it in. The thought of NOT exercising 2 days in a row does not make me feel great. I feel as though I am not being as committed as possible if I don't work it into my schedule.  The reality of my life is that some days I won't be able to get it in. I am trying to do things in the "weight loss process" that I will do in the maintenance process. And once I am done taking the formula I won't be able to exercise daily. I don't want to start something now that I won't do later...then I will definitely gain the weight back. My exercise goal for this week was 3 times. I met that goal. So I really need to celebrate that I met my exercise goal. I did not make a weight loss goal. I have done that in the past and find that to be non productive.

It's been a great week! So glad I kept going with this!


Week Two Journey-Sunday

Down another pound this AM! That is 6 since Tuesday and the week is not over.
Decided not to exercise today. Taking the day off. But I did buy a new workout tape...Last Chance Workout by Jillian from the Biggest Loser. I anticipate a rough workout!!

Let me 'chat' about the formula. I am finding that I am rarely hungry. Again, when I am I have to decide how i want to use up that little bit of food that I will get a chance to eat. last week, i went grocery shopping and got lots of stuff that i enjoy...strawberries for $1.88 at Walmart, low calorie pudding, 100 calorie snacks, all kinds of things.  Most everything is still in the fridge. I have not eaten one strawberry, pudding cup or yogurt. When I do cook, I find I am having to make really small amounts of food because I don't want leftovers cuz who knows when I will have a chance to eat them! For the most part...this is a good dilemma to have...except there is a psychological component to eating...we don't just eat cuz our bodies need fuel.  For now..I am just being mindful of the fact that i miss the 'psychological' aspect of eating my yummy foods. i am enjoying losing the weight, but i will continue to explore my feelings about missing some of the foods i just to have. with this program...i could, in theory, have anything i want..just in smaller portions. but, i don't want to make poor choices for the little bit of food i am allowed.

 
 

Week Two Journey-Saturday Part 2

So, i just wanted to add some info here.
The weight loss picking up..And I love it.
That is motivating me even more to stay true to the plan.
another key point/revelation....you HAVE to stop eating when hungry.
sounds like a no brainer...but one you have to separate head hunger/desire to eat something..
from physiological hunger. the formula helps with the physiological hunger..you have to work on the
psychological reasons that you eat. had my b-day celebration lunch today. went to TGIF. it was hard to
decide what to have. for starters i was absolutely hungry by the time i got there (took formula in the morning then forgot to eat till i was hungry) i LOVE fried green beans. shared them with hubby and ordered another appetizer for my entree. i was (for once) glad to share my food because it helped me eat less. but, i found myself in a real dilemma. I really wanted to have room for that spinach dip i ordered. so..i left some room for the dip..but you know what..i didn't have NEAR the amount that i usually would have had nor did i have NEAR the amount i thought i had saved room for!! it was so tasty. i felt that "stop signal". for a brief moment i told myself to override it. but then...i said "no. stop. you are full. use the tool "the formula" to help you make better choices. so i stopped. let the hubby eat the chips. i brought the rest home. but i don't think i will have it at all. HUGE for me.
i told my husband that when we made it home..i would carve some time out of the evening to exercise..30 mins..and i did just that. i feel it was a successful day!


Week Two Journey-Saturday

Well..guess what?
Down by another 2 pounds this morning!!!
I am AMAZED!!!!!!
I am loving this!
I exercised again yesterday....30 minutes step aerobics. It was really a press for me because I am congested and not feeling 100% but it is totally worth it to see movement like this.
I am motivated to stick with this!


Week Two Journey-Friday

So.. today is Friday of my week two roca labs journey.
As of this morning...down by 3!!
I am super excited.
Yesterday I was down by one and today down by 3!
I exercised yesterday...30 minutes of step aerobics.
I loved it and felt great afterwards.

so a little about the journey....


THE FORMULA

The formula...I mix the flavorless powder in juice. I use 2 scoops.
I usually warm my juice in the microwave first.
Then I add one teaspoon of the anti-craving powder and 2 scoops of formula.
I close and shake for 30-60 seconds.
Then I let it sit for 3-5 minutes.
It gels..then I partake.
I prefer the gelled way overy chugging it down quickly.
Plus...they say you get better results that way.
Anyway...after i eat it..i follow up with 20-24 oz of water.
This is sometimes hard to do because I am usually feeling pretty full by now.


EATING

This is the tough part for me. Why?
Well, because I am a snacker.  And because..with this...I don't really feel hungry.
So, I have to remember to eat. Other issue...stopping when full and not pressing on cuz it "tastes good".
So, I have to remember to make healthy choices and stop when I get that full signal. That signal comes pretty quick and sometimes that leaves me psychologically not satisfied. I am getting better with this. If I take extra bites I ask myself "will these extra bites prevent the scale from moving?"


THE SCALE

This is what will be the death of me. Jumping on the scale daily.
My rational self says to weigh once a week. But, I am rarely rational when it comes to weight loss and checking my progress. I will keep you posted on my ability to curb this bad habit


MY GOAL

I would like to lose 20-30 pounds.
Starting weight 160. Down by 3 now.
I am very sore this morning. I think I am going to rest today and not exercise.

1 comment:

  1. You've given me some hope. Been on Roc for 3weeks now lost about 5lbs. Have more energy already and going to start moving more.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete